Bug #221

clisp port

Added by sds over 8 years ago. Updated about 8 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-

Description

Hi,
CLISP http://clisp.cons.org is present in the port sections of FreeBSD,
OpenBSD and NetBSD and its current CVS head recognizes DragonFly BSD and
should build OOTB on it.
nevertheless, it is conspicuously absent from
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/dfports/lang/
please consider adding CLISP.
--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://memri.org http://honestreporting.com http://ffii.org
http://palestinefacts.org http://jihadwatch.org http://openvotingconsortium.org
The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.

History

#1 Updated by joerg over 8 years ago

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:43:47AM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
> CLISP http://clisp.cons.org is present in the port sections of FreeBSD,
> OpenBSD and NetBSD and its current CVS head recognizes DragonFly BSD and
> should build OOTB on it.

It doesn't.

> nevertheless, it is conspicuously absent from
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/dfports/lang/
> please consider adding CLISP.

dfports is dead.

Joerg

#2 Updated by steve over 8 years ago

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:43:47 -0400
Sam Steingold <> wrote:

> nevertheless, it is conspicuously absent from
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/dfports/lang/
> please consider adding CLISP.

DragonFly has switched to pkgsrc some time ago, clisp is
in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/clisp which does build on DragonFly and works at least
well enough to keep pkgmanager happy.

#3 Updated by steve over 8 years ago

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:06:51 -0400
Sam Steingold <> wrote:

> > * Steve O'Hara-Smith <> [2006-06-29 16:56:22 +0100]:

> > DragonFly has switched to pkgsrc some time ago, clisp is in
> > /usr/pkgsrc/lang/clisp which does build on DragonFly and works at
> > least well enough to keep pkgmanager happy.
>
> what is the URL?

For what ?

To read about pkgsrc on DragonFly start at:

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/HowToPkgsrc

Anything else you want to know about it can probably be found by
following links from there.

#4 Updated by sds over 8 years ago

> * Steve O'Hara-Smith <> [2006-06-29 16:56:22 +0100]:
>
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:43:47 -0400
> Sam Steingold <> wrote:
>
>> nevertheless, it is conspicuously absent from
>> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/dfports/lang/
>> please consider adding CLISP.
>
> DragonFly has switched to pkgsrc some time ago, clisp is in
> /usr/pkgsrc/lang/clisp which does build on DragonFly and works at
> least well enough to keep pkgmanager happy.

what is the URL?
Thanks.

#5 Updated by sds over 8 years ago

> * Steve O'Hara-Smith <> [2006-06-29 17:19:21 +0100]:
>
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:06:51 -0400
> Sam Steingold <> wrote:
>
>> > * Steve O'Hara-Smith <> [2006-06-29 16:56:22 +0100]:
>
>> > DragonFly has switched to pkgsrc some time ago, clisp is in
>> > /usr/pkgsrc/lang/clisp which does build on DragonFly and works at
>> > least well enough to keep pkgmanager happy.
>>
>> what is the URL?
>
> For what ?

1. to add a link from http://clisp.cons.org to the location of the
DragonFly package (like we already have links for the other 3 BSD
flavors)

2. for me (without any access to any bsd tools) to review your makefiles
for potential clisp-specific pitfalls.

#6 Updated by justin over 8 years ago

On Thu, June 29, 2006 12:32 pm, Sam Steingold wrote:

> 1. to add a link from http://clisp.cons.org to the location of the
> DragonFly package (like we already have links for the other 3 BSD
> flavors)
>
> 2. for me (without any access to any bsd tools) to review your makefiles
> for potential clisp-specific pitfalls.

It's the same link and makefiles as for NetBSD, as NetBSD and DragonFly
both use pkgsrc.

#7 Updated by steve over 8 years ago

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:32:53 -0400
Sam Steingold <> wrote:

> > * Steve O'Hara-Smith <> [2006-06-29 17:19:21 +0100]:
> >
> > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:06:51 -0400
> > Sm Steingold <> wrote:
> >
> >> what is the URL?
> >
> > For what ?
>
> 1. to add a link from http://clisp.cons.org to the location of the

I actually meant "what URL are you looking for" not why do you
want a URL :)

> DragonFly package (like we already have links for the other 3 BSD
> flavors)

Ah now I see where you're coming from - it sounds like you
already have the relevant link because DragonFly uses pkgsrc (originally
developed for NetBSD but now a cross platform package system). So the
link you have for NetBSD will be the right one for DragonFly too.

#8 Updated by TGEN over 8 years ago

This is a pkgsrc issue, and actually this issue doesn't exist. Clisp from pkgsrc
builds just fine.

Also available in: Atom PDF