Activity

From 08/14/2007 to 09/12/2007

09/13/2007

10:52 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
:...
:> made to free the structure before it has been removed from the address
:> list. If we can catch it h...
dillon
10:48 PM Bug #804: Bring in the latest agp code from FreeBSD HEAD
:Hasso Tepper <hasso@estpak.ee> added the comment:
:
:Committed.
:
:----------
:priority: -> feature
:status: chatti...
dillon
09:23 PM Revision 20ff3a87: a helloWorld ci test by yanyh
Yonghong Yan

09/12/2007

03:26 PM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
On Tue, September 11, 2007 11:03 pm, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
was trying to port keyboard changes from FreeBSD, and ...
justin
08:43 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
Yes via bootcamp and disabling ACPI doesn't change anything. These keyboards are
usb (ukbd), btw is there any way to...
tralamazza
03:07 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
Can scroll back to find which driver is sharing irq 10?
I remember seeing this stray interrupts/interrupt storm messa...
qhwt+dfly
02:56 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
Yes, and it boots on Parallels, too.
Too bad I don't have a digital camera to capture the screen.
Cheers.
qhwt+dfly
02:40 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
Just to throw another bit of data in there: here's my MacBook Pro (first
gen) attempting to boot 1.10.1 without ACPI ...
justin
02:39 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
for the record, I'm guessing this is via boot camp? c.turner
01:15 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
It comes until some stage of device initialization. The last thing I
could see was probing of uhub or something lik...
corecode
01:00 AM Bug #806: boot error on MacBook
How far did it go, such as whether you saw the twirling bar, the DragonFly
menu, the copyright notice, or so on. If ...
qhwt+dfly
09:00 PM Bug #806 (Feedback): boot error on MacBook
Hi,
I'm trying to boot Dragonfly (1.10.1_REL) on a MacBook (1st gen). After the
booting process starts it enters a...
tralamazza
08:44 AM Bug #804: Bring in the latest agp code from FreeBSD HEAD
Committed. hasso
05:02 AM Revision 94ebffcd: Prepare to support polling(4) on multiple cpus:
- Add per-cpu polling(4) context, move global variables into it.
- Make global sysctl nodes per-cpu. Fake original g...
Sepherosa Ziehau
02:26 AM Revision f20aeea4: Oops, remove comma.
Reminded-by: swildner@ Hasso Tepper
01:42 AM Revision 76c1ddd6: Update the agp(4) manpage. General description and example based on NetBSD
agp(4) manpage, ioctl(2) interface description from FreeBSD.
Obtained from: NetBSD and FreeBSD with modifications
Hasso Tepper
01:31 AM Revision fdc3c5be: Update the agp(4) code to the latest one from FreeBSD HEAD. This brings in
a lot of newer hardware support.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD
Hasso Tepper
12:59 AM Revision 43167546: Add bus_alloc_resources() and bus_release_resources() functions to allow to
simplify the code and to make it easier to port drivers (initially the
agp(4)) from FreeBSD.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD
Hasso Tepper

09/11/2007

03:53 PM Bug #805: DFBSD 1.10.1 - Toshiba Satellite P15-S479 freezes while booting (Cardbus)
Just tried the latest nightly and it behaves the same. DominoTree
03:40 PM Bug #805: DFBSD 1.10.1 - Toshiba Satellite P15-S479 freezes while booting (Cardbus)
here's the whole block of text right before the laptop locks:
pci2: <unknown card> (vendor=0x168c, dev=0x0013) at 2....
DominoTree
07:12 AM Bug #805: DFBSD 1.10.1 - Toshiba Satellite P15-S479 freezes while booting (Cardbus)
Could you paste the verbose boot message before this line?
Best Regards,
sephe
sepherosa
06:50 AM Bug #805 (New): DFBSD 1.10.1 - Toshiba Satellite P15-S479 freezes while booting (Cardbus)
Dragonfly 1.10.1 fails to boot on my Toshiba Satellite P15-S479 notebook, tried
with and without ACPI disabled. The ...
DominoTree
02:12 PM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
See, FreeBSD doesn't have the PCI ids for the SB600, and thus only
accesses it as a generic ATA controller, using BI...
TGEN
06:06 AM Bug #797: kernel panic
It happened again. I was running it with the provided patch, but it looks
like the same panic. The kernel are core ...
pavalos
05:43 PM Bug #803: Fix a bug in route(8)
Hi,
I think this fixes netstat.
Thanks,
Nuno
nant

09/10/2007

10:02 AM Bug #804: Bring in the latest agp code from FreeBSD HEAD
Oops! The agp patch requires one more patch from my queue. It's attached
to this mail. Any objections to commit this?...
hasso
08:17 AM Bug #804 (Closed): Bring in the latest agp code from FreeBSD HEAD
# HG changeset patch
# User Hasso Tepper <hasso@estpak.ee>
# Date 1189411506 -10800
# Branch HEAD
# Node ID 68e1e6cb7...
hasso
08:13 AM Revision a7c98c34: Fix bugs in the handling of CIDR specifications such as 'route add 128/8
<gateway>'. Also rectify the way netmasks are deduced from the address class.
Submitted-by: "Nuno Antunes" <nuno.an...
Matthew Dillon
08:11 AM Revision 70432d33: MFC 1.120 and 1.121 - fix deadlocks when handling ESTALE from NFS mounts.
Reported-by: elekktretterr@exemail.com.au Matthew Dillon
08:08 AM Revision 5e1a76ea: kern_access() had the same bug kern_stat() had with regards to a
vnode/namecache deadlock when dealing with stale NFS mounts.
Reported-by: elekktretterr@exemail.com.au
Matthew Dillon
07:55 AM Revision e146caf7: MFC 1.51 - force an over-the-write transaction when resolving the root of
an NFS mount to avoid an endless ESTALE retry loop from occuring in the
namecache code.
Matthew Dillon
07:08 AM Revision ec9403d0: - Add interrupt moderation support by only using TIMER intr; IM is not
possible when RX or TX intr is enabled. With this change, my nfe(4)
can TX at line speed finally (mtu 1500).
- Add...
Sepherosa Ziehau
01:02 AM Bug #803: Fix a bug in route(8)
Yeah, I've seen that too. I think that netstat should be teached
better regarding CIDR. I'll have a look at it during...
nant
11:28 PM Bug #803: Fix a bug in route(8)
:Hi,
:
:The attached patch allows "route add 128/8 <gateway>" to work
:correctly. While here, rectify the way netmask...
dillon

09/09/2007

04:32 PM Revision 6e2b8229: Resync patch with contrib.
Simon Schubert
03:27 PM Bug #803 (Closed): Fix a bug in route(8)
Hi,
The attached patch allows "route add 128/8 <gateway>" to work
correctly. While here, rectify the way netmasks ar...
nant
08:43 AM Revision de588dd0: Switch even more to gcc41.
Sascha Wildner
02:14 AM Revision 1736eecd: - Make fwe(4) aware of IFF_POLLING setting in its if_init().
- Allow IFF_POLLING flag to be turned on even when the interface is not
up yet, since after above fix, all drivers ...
Sepherosa Ziehau
11:21 PM Revision d132539a: Correct DEVICE_POLLING support in vr_init()
Sepherosa Ziehau
10:11 PM Revision 0a39ac0c: NULL should never be passed to ether_poll_deregister(). Try catching any
brain dead caller by assertion. Sepherosa Ziehau
09:30 PM Revision 55b970a5: - Fix comment.
- Use ifp as local variable, indirect accessing ifp through pollrec is not
meaningful here.
- Break long lines.
Sepherosa Ziehau
08:51 PM Revision 4f598e09: Nuke the hack in vr(4) that polling(4) will be turned when watchdog times out;
if interrupt does not work at all, polling(4) can be turned manually.
Approved-by: dillon@
Sepherosa Ziehau

09/08/2007

01:50 PM Revision 632f95cb: Use .Dv and start sentences on a new line.
Sascha Wildner
06:09 AM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
Hmm, didn't notice that the FreeBSD dmesg is *tripled* up until now. Please
assume the first two thirds to be junk a...
floid
05:25 AM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
Haven't had a chance to test a newer kernel, but I believe it re: FAT. On topic:
> The ATA detection code is a d...
floid
05:50 AM Revision cbf2eda6: It does not make sense to call interface's initialization routine when
the interface is up and only layer 3 address is to be changed.
Submitted-by: "Devon H. O'Dell" <devon.odell@coyotepo...
Sepherosa Ziehau
05:35 AM Revision 8c4751bc: Kill token ring remainder.
Sepherosa Ziehau
04:20 AM Revision a7cc31f8: - Add missing header protector
- Strip blank line at the end of file Sepherosa Ziehau
03:49 AM Revision 1cf38384: Remove previous hack to cope with CVS IDs.
It wasn't properly documented and also prevented quiz questions starting
with # from being asked. Not very likely but...
Sascha Wildner
02:48 AM Revision 5a393bff: Synchronize manual page installation of gcc34 and gcc41 and switch the
various MLINKS to gcc41 which is default now. Sascha Wildner
11:16 PM Revision dc8fc0c2: Hook bwi(4)
Sepherosa Ziehau
11:15 PM Revision 5f9672cd: Add WIP support for Broadcom wireless chips:
- STA and MONITOR operation mode are supported
- WPA/WPA2 is supported (host based)
- Use V3 firmware
- 11b/g mode is...
Sepherosa Ziehau
10:01 PM Revision 4fdd8de1: Upgrade to OpenSSH 4.7p1.
This brings some performance enhancements and bug fixes. Peter Avalos
09:52 PM Revision fcbc87a5: Import OpenSSH 4.7p1.
Peter Avalos
09:52 PM Revision b6f14b74: Merge from vendor branch OPENSSH:
Import OpenSSH 4.7p1. Peter Avalos
07:35 PM Bug #774: mp_lock related panic (it seems)
:Rumko <rumcic@gmail.com> added the comment:
:
:Finally was able to get a usable core dump (when forcing the core dum...
dillon
06:12 PM Bug #774: mp_lock related panic (it seems)
Finally was able to get a usable core dump (when forcing the core dump I always
got a 0B vmcore) with latest -HEAD .....
rumcic
06:29 PM Revision e17280dd: Yugoslavia split up into Serbia and Montenegro some time ago.
Simon Schubert
06:29 PM Revision bb6704d1: Allow comment lines in input files.
Simon Schubert

09/07/2007

04:24 PM Revision 44973b85: The weekly script runs Saturday morning.
Found-in: FreeBSD Sascha Wildner
02:42 PM Revision 9b082684: General userfs fleshing out work. Abstract out construction and
deconstruction functions and take advantage of the new getpages/putpages
support.
Matthew Dillon
12:31 PM Revision 1eba9ae7: Remove a bogus assertion. in_vm86call may have been set by some unrelated
thread. We have to check that we are in an emulated 8086 mode before we
can assert that the MP lock is held.
Report...
Matthew Dillon
01:14 AM Revision cccc0b59: Oops, forgot one .Dv
Sascha Wildner
01:01 AM Revision a49d5460: * Start sentences on a new line.
* Fix typo: depreciated -> deprecated
* Use .Dv for defined values.
Sascha Wildner
07:43 PM Revision 7546f6c8: Fix typo.
Reported-by: "Trevor Kendall" <trevorjkendall@gmail.com> Peter Avalos
05:09 PM Revision 38842275: Use >= instead of > to explicitly see which WARNS level we're dealing with.
Peter Avalos

09/06/2007

02:03 PM Revision 0febee9f: Use bcd2bin().
Sascha Wildner
11:17 AM Revision a28de031: Remove redundant initialization.
Sascha Wildner
04:29 AM Revision 0135322c: Use .Dv
Sascha Wildner
04:11 AM Revision 4626fafb: Document some ATM media settings.
Sascha Wildner
03:17 AM Bug #802 (Closed): Add '-k' feature from FreeBSD plus GNU gzip compatibility fix
Hi,
This patch adds some features/improvements from FreeBSD:
- Add a '-k' option which does not remove input file,...
delphij
05:03 PM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
:This experiment turned up an unrelated glitch in DragonFly where mounting t=
:he
:(FAT-formatted) USB stick worked, ...
dillon

09/05/2007

03:11 PM Revision 05664f8a: Describe CCVER's default as gcc41.
Peter Avalos
02:40 PM Revision 6414e8a0: Add a build option (NO_GCC34) to prevent building gcc version 3.4.
This does not attempt to remove gcc-3.4, only to prevent it from building. Peter Avalos
08:43 AM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
Uploading "happy_freesbie.dmesg" to issue 784 in the bugtracker, showing FreeBSD
6.2/FreeSBIE 2.0.1's ATA (NATA, I as...
floid
05:35 AM Bug #800: Error message: md: si_iosize_max not set
:It's all tested. That fixed it!
:Thanks again. It is much appreciated.
:
:Vincent
Excellent. I've committe...
dillon
01:58 AM Bug #800: Error message: md: si_iosize_max not set
It's all tested. That fixed it!
Thanks again. It is much appreciated.
Vincent
vs1
01:23 AM Revision 78f9aa07: Better setpgid(2) documentation.
Obtained-from: NetBSD with modifications Hasso Tepper
10:28 PM Revision a260c869: Set si_iosize_max to silence run-time warnings.
Reported-by: Vincent Stemen <vs1@crel.us> Matthew Dillon
05:14 PM Bug #801: bug in cvs using diff -p
I could reproduce it also in 1.8.1, so there must be some other cause.
Maybe it worked in 1.6. If you are absolutel...
corecode

09/04/2007

03:07 PM Revision ccd694e6: Change the virtual kernel's default hz to 20, because the kqueue timers we
use can't really go much higher. This fixes sleep intervals.
Reported-by: Multiple People
Matthew Dillon
10:08 AM Revision 985dfe80: Use gnuregex.h instead of a private header whose declarations are wrong.
This private header declares the return type of re_search to be off_t,
i.e. 64 bit. Our (old) gnu regex library howe...
Simon Schubert
09:53 AM Revision 42c2fd5c: Consolidate all local CVS patches into the contrib sources.
Include file prefix ordering is a horror when patching header files,
so get over this once and for all and put the pa...
Simon Schubert
08:50 AM Bug #767: add csup to world
I'll post a patch to pkgsrc-bug if he doesn't reply to me in a few days.
Cheers.
qhwt+dfly
08:50 AM Bug #801: bug in cvs using diff -p
JFYI, this works properly on DragonFly 1.8-RELEASE, or with cvs-1.12.13
installed from source on CentOS-4.5. So it m...
qhwt+dfly
08:19 AM Bug #801 (Closed): bug in cvs using diff -p
Hi Matt.
I ended up manually patching this. It failed every time, using patch.
Luckily, in this case, it was just a...
vs1
08:14 AM Bug #800 (Closed): Error message: md: si_iosize_max not set
Thank you for the very fast response Matt.
I thought it was appropriate to move this thread to the bugs list.
I pat...
vs1
09:16 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
I think there a ref-counting problem with the ifaddr structure. This
structure is embedded in the ifnet structur...
dillon
06:31 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
It was the real kernel.
Yes, I was using if_tap in the real kernel. I've been unable to
reproduce the panic though....
pavalos
06:28 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
:No. In addition to the normal network traffic (web, ftp, email, etc.) I
:was in a vkernel and pinging yahoo.com to ...
dillon
05:56 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
No. In addition to the normal network traffic (web, ftp, email, etc.) I
was in a vkernel and pinging yahoo.com to se...
pavalos
05:45 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
:> list and check for structures that might get freed without being remo=
:ved
:> from the list.
:>=20
:
:I'm...
dillon
05:48 PM Revision 14aa2dd7: Force an over-the-wire transaction when resolving the root of an NFS mount
point. The namecache will cache the mount point for us so this should not
reduce performance. We need to know that...
Matthew Dillon
05:11 PM Bug #794: Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
Committed!
-Matt
dillon

09/03/2007

12:24 PM Revision b42f5787: Remove options that don't make sense for a vkernel, and make SMP default.
Peter Avalos
11:48 AM Revision 9cc0534b: Update for libarchive 2.2.7.
Peter Avalos
11:47 AM Revision bf0a4481: Import libarchive-2.2.7.
This brings support for mtree files, gtar 1.17 sparse files, and
refines suid/sgid restore handling.
Peter Avalos
11:47 AM Revision 3f1d6bf2: Merge from vendor branch LIBARCHIVE:
Import libarchive-2.2.7.
This brings support for mtree files, gtar 1.17 sparse files, and
refines suid/sgid restore ...
Peter Avalos
10:32 AM Revision 9328e781: Bring in FreeBSD/1.177 - fix a bug in a call made to useracc(). This
permissions check is redundant since copyin/copyout also perform a
validation so there is no known security issue.
R...
Matthew Dillon
10:06 AM Revision 5dc91765: Add a MNTK_ flag to the mount structure allowing a VFS to specify that
no submounts under the VFS are to be allowed. Adjust procfs and linprocfs
to use the feature.
Submitted-by: "Nicola...
Matthew Dillon

09/02/2007

12:58 PM Bug #767: add csup to world
So this patch probably should be included as pkgsrc patch then?
It disturbs me that authors keep sticking to their c...
corecode
04:50 AM Bug #767: add csup to world
This comes from how cvsup servers out there respond to a client when it
found an RCS keyword unknown to it (refered t...
qhwt+dfly
08:03 PM Bug #767: add csup to world
The csup in pkgsrc still doesn't work properly with the version of CVS
used in DF. IIRC Yonetani-san posted a patch ...
wa1ter
07:23 PM Bug #767: add csup to world
I'm not sure. If it's in pkgsrc, can anyone think of why we need it
in world?
--Peter
pavalos
12:30 PM Revision f1481abe: Use .Pa
Sascha Wildner
06:27 AM Revision 63bc1c3e: Switch ipfw from ipfw1 to ipfw2.
Approved-by: dillon@
Submitted-by: Gary Allan <dragonfly@gallan.plus.com> (w/ modification)
Sepherosa Ziehau
09:58 PM Bug #797: kernel panic
I'm having no luck. Got any pointers/ideas?
--Peter
pavalos
07:16 PM Bug #794: Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
I tested it roughly this way:
mount -t procfs proc /proc -> ok
mount -t procfs proc /proc -> ko
mount -t procfs proc...
nthery
06:31 PM Bug #794: Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
:Something along these lines?
:
:Index: dfly/src/sys/emulation/linux/i386/linprocfs/linprocfs_vfsops.c
:=============...
dillon

09/01/2007

03:43 PM Bug #767: add csup to world
It's already in pkgsrc, under /net. erik-wikstrom
02:26 PM Bug #767: add csup to world
But why should we add this to world? Wouldn't it be better to add this as a pkgsrc package?
cheers
simon
corecode
04:26 AM Bug #767: add csup to world
Although I agree that this doesn't help with the server part (mainly used by
the source mirrors), won't this help en...
pavalos
02:26 PM Bug #794: Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
[snip]
> The easiest solution is to add a kernel mount flag (MNTK_*) to the
> mount structure that tells the ...
nthery
01:43 PM Revision 9f1a2079: TAILQ_FOREACH to enhance readability.
Peter Avalos
11:42 AM Revision db555d9a: Sync with OpenBSD.
- Save and restore not only scale, but ibase as well.
- Interchange roles: bc becomes parent, dc child. This leads t...
Peter Avalos

08/31/2007

01:02 PM Bug #544: Patch to implemet jscan -o
Committed as rev 1.4 dump_output.c. hasso
12:04 PM Bug #772: Panic with Toshiba 2515 laptop with cardbus Netgear ethernet card
This patch fixed the issue.
eric
ejh
10:59 AM Bug #799 (Closed): atacontrol raid1
i have tested on RAID1 type array
1. i create atacontrol mirror array
2. two ide disks connected, one on ide0 contro...
egils
06:39 AM Revision 21f337aa: Handle baudrate requests algorithmically with newer chips (not old SIO),
allowing all sorts of strange rates one might need.
Obtained-from: OpenBSD
Hasso Tepper
06:25 AM Revision 81787541: Simplify the way how chip type is determined. Instead of managing insane
case constructs with info what vendor/product ids combinations have which
chip, use the info device descriptors provi...
Hasso Tepper
04:26 AM Revision 36d1bf94: GC even more remains of the recent old driver removal.
Sascha Wildner
03:52 AM Revision 3a2d2b71: Remove leftover nv(4) remains.
Sascha Wildner
01:02 AM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
I see everyone's busy with much more important stuff, but can I request a smack
with a clue-stick in passing re: what...
floid
05:55 PM Bug #798: Small fix for ucontext(3)
Committed.
Sascha
swildner

08/30/2007

03:52 PM Revision 08559531: Sync with FreeBSD and add an entry for git.
Peter Avalos
01:58 PM Revision a80f4ee8: Manual page update for waitpid's new WCONTINUED option and the
WIFCONTINUED() macro.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD
Peter Avalos
01:41 PM Revision cc162105: Add WCONTINUED option for waitpid(2).
P_CONTINUED is set when a stopped process receives a SIGCONT and
cleared after it has notified a parent process that ...
Peter Avalos
01:31 PM Bug #798 (Closed): Small fix for ucontext(3)
Hello,
The attached diff fixes a glitch in the SEE ALSO section of ucontext(3)
(missing Xr to setcontext(3) and a le...
fgudin
10:47 AM Revision 558e3ffe: Remove leftover .Dx and add a reference to setcontext(3).
Submitted-by: Francis Gudin <fgudin@nerim.net> Sascha Wildner
04:55 AM Bug #797: kernel panic
:Another page fault kernel panic, but it doesn't look the same as issue530.
:
:The sources are from July 11:
:
:Drago...
dillon
02:52 AM Bug #797 (Closed): kernel panic
Another page fault kernel panic, but it doesn't look the same as issue530.
The sources are from July 11:
DragonFly ...
pavalos
09:02 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
the problem seemes to be a when apic_io is enabled. it worked in 1.8 but
not in 1.10. Is it worthwhile pursueing apic...
elekktretterr
06:09 PM Bug #792: Nuke Arcnet and Token Ring support from kernel
It's a question about code maintenance, changes to other subsystems
might require changes to the code for Token Ring...
erik-wikstrom
05:35 PM Bug #792: Nuke Arcnet and Token Ring support from kernel
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 03:22:14 +0300, Hasso Tepper wrote:
I'm not absolutely expert in anything but I would like to kn...
tuxillo

08/29/2007

03:56 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
:Hi,
:I just attempted upgrade on 1 of the boxes from 1.8 to 1.10.1 but now the
:server freezes during boot. It freez...
dillon
01:41 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
It seems that removing APIC_IO fixes the problem. The question now is, why
APIC_IO worked in 1.8 and not in 1.10.
Is...
elekktretterr
01:13 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
can you break into the debugger?
cheers
simon
corecode
01:02 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
Already tried it, that was actually the first thing i tried
(unintentionally as my kernel config file had the old ata...
elekktretterr
12:58 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
You could try a kernel with ata instead of nata. Don't forget to remove the PCI_MAP_FIXUP option as well.
cheers
...
corecode
12:54 PM Bug #796: Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
Btw, i tried with/without acpi, safemode,single user mode, nothing helps. elekktretterr
12:50 PM Bug #796 (Closed): Problem upgrading to 1.10.1
Hi,
I just attempted upgrade on 1 of the boxes from 1.8 to 1.10.1 but now the
server freezes during boot. It freeze...
elekktretterr
08:42 AM Revision 1526f71a: Fix LINT: Remove cm(4) and fla(4) remains.
Sascha Wildner
05:02 AM Revision b756cbf9: Don't use \*[Px] since it will change the font size permanently.
Use .Tn POSIX instead. Sascha Wildner
10:47 PM Bug #795: not always reproducable installer problem
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Matthew Dillon wrote:
Could possibly be heat... System 1 is an older desktop. System2 is a
new...
dlavigne6
10:18 PM Bug #795: not always reproducable installer problem
:Justin suggested I send the details to this list. dmesg from the two
:affected systems follows. 1.8.x installs fine...
dillon
09:30 PM Bug #795 (Closed): not always reproducable installer problem
Justin suggested I send the details to this list. dmesg from the two
affected systems follows. 1.8.x installs fine o...
dlavigne6

08/28/2007

08:36 AM Revision d75f2174: Sync with FreeBSD.
Make it possible to have this (basename(1)) perform basename(3) on multiple
files. The traditional behaviour, 'basen...
Peter Avalos
07:52 AM Bug #771: vkernel(7) -I should note need to ifconfig 'up'
You don't necessarily need to add a comment if you change the status, just in case you didn't know.
cheers
simon
corecode
06:31 AM Bug #771: vkernel(7) -I should note need to ifconfig 'up'
Closing. hasso
06:24 AM Bug #771: vkernel(7) -I should note need to ifconfig 'up'
Feel free to do so, because you've set the issue's status to 'chatting'
again. :)
Sascha
swildner
02:11 AM Bug #771: vkernel(7) -I should note need to ifconfig 'up'
cheers.. should have closed I suppose c.turner
05:27 PM Bug #771: vkernel(7) -I should note need to ifconfig 'up'
Committed as rev 1.30. hasso
06:09 PM Revision a55afca2: Fix a bug in vnode_pager_generic_getpages(). This function was improperly
setting m->valid to 0 and was also improperly trying to free the page after
it had potentially become wired by the bu...
Matthew Dillon
06:04 PM Revision 1787385d: Add vop_stdgetpages() and vop_stdputpages() and replace those filesystem
getpages and putpages routines which were doing the same thing. Matthew Dillon
05:53 PM Bug #728: Inspiron 9400 freezes when enabling bfe0
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:31 PM Bug #780: lockuninit()
Committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:25 PM Bug #769: mbuf leak found - (was mbuf leak in kernel)
It should be fixed. hasso
05:22 PM Bug #791: add T2300 cpu support to EST
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:21 PM Bug #789: (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
#788 contains correct fix. hasso
05:20 PM Bug #788: CORRECTION: (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:19 PM Bug #787: add geode companion support to ohci probe code
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:18 PM Bug #786: allow pppX interfaces to work with altq/pf
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:18 PM Bug #785: fixes for src/sys/bus/firewire/firewire.c
It's committed, so closing bug. hasso
05:16 PM Bug #775: fix for alix1.c pci bus detection
Closing bug. hasso
05:15 PM Bug #776: patch - fix for amd geode cs5536 companion (ehci) panic
Closing bug. hasso
05:15 PM Bug #778: buildworld breaks after recent lwp changes
Fixed in rev 1.17 src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c. hasso
05:14 PM Bug #777: buildworld breaks after recent lwp changes
778 duplicate. hasso

08/27/2007

04:36 PM Bug #792: Nuke Arcnet and Token Ring support from kernel
Committed. FDDI is nuked as well. hasso
03:03 PM Revision 037ff399: Missed this file in previous commit.
Hasso Tepper
02:51 PM Revision 42be0015: Nuke nv(4), we have nfe(4) which replaces it.
Hasso Tepper
01:51 PM Revision 274cabc2: Remove fla(4) manpage during upgrade.
Hasso Tepper
01:40 PM Revision dfe08d51: Nuke fla(4). It's known to be buggy, supports very limited set of obsolete
devices with limited set of firmware versions, is removed from FreeBSD more
than 3 years ago and is not supported any...
Hasso Tepper
01:08 PM Revision ca0ec00e: Remove remainings of the oltr(4).
Hasso Tepper
10:47 AM Revision 460a1edb: Nuke ARCnet, Token Ring and FDDI related headers and manpages during upgrade.
Hasso Tepper
09:51 AM Revision c03f08f3: Pull WARNS6 into usr.bin/Makefile.inc.
Most of usr.bin is marked as WARNS6, so add exceptions in individual
Makefiles. Also, remove any warning flags from ...
Peter Avalos
09:15 AM Revision ef2cc4d5: Nuke FDDI support.
Hasso Tepper
07:56 AM Revision b15531e9: Nuke token ring support. This also means one blob less in DragonFly.
Hasso Tepper
06:15 AM Revision ce6da440: Nuke ARCnet support.
Hasso Tepper

08/26/2007

04:58 PM Bug #782: missleading error message on mountroot prompt
:Nicolas Thery wrote:
:> Here is a patch that displays a hopefully more informative message when
:> kgetdiskbyname() ...
dillon
08:23 AM Bug #782: missleading error message on mountroot prompt
Thanks, looks good! I'll leave it to you to commit :)
Not tested, however.
cheers
simon
corecode
07:49 AM Bug #782: missleading error message on mountroot prompt
Here is a patch that displays a hopefully more informative message when
kgetdiskbyname() fails and changes mountroot ...
nthery
04:33 PM Bug #794: Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
:Hey,
:
:I just noticed that we can produce stacked mounts of procfs and linprocfs. Probably not what we want:
:
:% ...
dillon
07:50 AM Bug #794 (Closed): Stacked mounts of procfs/linprocfs
Hey,
I just noticed that we can produce stacked mounts of procfs and linprocfs. Probably not what we want:
% mount...
corecode
04:29 PM Bug #793: Panic after booting
:Yeah, the panic is gone now.
:
:Thanks,
:Sascha
Good. I've committed it.
-Matt
Matthew Dillon
...
dillon
10:04 AM Bug #793: Panic after booting
Yeah, the panic is gone now.
Thanks,
Sascha
swildner
11:27 PM Bug #793: Panic after booting
::http://yoyodyne.ath.cx/tmp/LPIC0028.JPG
::
::I can't provide a core dump because this box refuses to dump, it gets ...
dillon
11:20 PM Bug #793: Panic after booting
:I reliably get this on one box around 10 seconds after the login prompt
:appears printed. Occurs after upgrading it...
dillon
10:03 PM Bug #793: Panic after booting
Hmm, I'm just using my crappy digicam. :)
Sascha
swildner
09:53 PM Bug #793: Panic after booting
..
I can't tell you why you get the panic, but I'd love to know what
combination of hardware and software you used ...
wa1ter
08:54 PM Bug #793 (Closed): Panic after booting
I reliably get this on one box around 10 seconds after the login prompt
appears printed. Occurs after upgrading it f...
swildner
01:40 PM Revision 72aed89a: Correct off-by-one error.
When comparing the command names, we might wind up behind the array,
later dereferencing a dangling pointer. Termina...
Simon Schubert
01:27 PM Revision 7c71e5cb: GC unused sources.
Peter Avalos
12:42 PM Revision d67c9454: Use the argument as a file name only if no section was specified.
Sascha Wildner
11:20 AM Revision cfe88dbf: Re-order alphabetically.
Peter Avalos
09:54 AM Revision 1a8913f1: Fix a misleading error message when the device specified at the mountroot
prompt cannot be found.
Reported-by: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de>
Submitted-by: Nicolas Thery...
Matthew Dillon
09:52 AM Revision 6b742d99: The function's name should begin a new line.
Peter Avalos
09:44 AM Revision 67a20c89: Check that -w width is not above maximum. Use DWIDTH instead of hardcoded
constant.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD
Peter Avalos
09:41 AM Revision 98dbf583: Document message length limit.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD Peter Avalos
09:22 AM Revision 8a63550c: Fix a bugaboo in the last commit. Pages are hard-busied for getpages,
but only soft-busied for putpages.
Reported-by: Sascha Wildner <saw@online.de>
Matthew Dillon
09:12 AM Revision e3a4c51f: Sync with FreeBSD:
- mktime() already does daylight savings.
- Explain the format of the at.allow and at.deny files in detail.
- mdoc ...
Peter Avalos
01:15 AM Revision 3c0aa72e: Compile in a variable default search prefix.
Up to now, even a objdump created in the ctools phase used the standard
search path ("/") instead of using the correc...
Simon Schubert
12:53 AM Revision 82f3e8c4: Kmods always need their headers in place.
Now you can build a kmod without having to make depend first! Simon Schubert

08/25/2007

04:27 PM Revision 9d044741: Fix a bug in linprocfs and hold lwps to prevent a race condition.
Linprocfs rolls its own prototype for procfs_domem. The function was
changed to take a struct lwp *, but neither the...
Simon Schubert
04:26 PM Bug #792: Nuke Arcnet and Token Ring support from kernel
:Unless no one objects with good enough arguments, I'd like to commit
:these patches in Monday:
:
:http://leaf.dragon...
dillon
11:33 PM Bug #792 (Closed): Nuke Arcnet and Token Ring support from kernel
Unless no one objects with good enough arguments, I'd like to commit
these patches in Monday:
http://leaf.dragonflyb...
hasso
02:59 PM Revision c499d304: Print the msgbuf even if using a kernel without symbols instead of aborting.
Simon Schubert
02:09 PM Revision 07ca1b88: Add a README to include a cvs import hint.
Peter Avalos
02:05 PM Revision 46e6e9ad: Merge from vendor branch TNFTP:
Improve parsing of chunked transfer chunks per RFC2616:
* more stringent chunk-size parsing
* ignore optional trailin...
Peter Avalos
02:05 PM Revision 8b05fa7f: Improve parsing of chunked transfer chunks per RFC2616:
* more stringent chunk-size parsing
* ignore optional trailing ';chunk-ext' stuff, instead of barfing
* detect EOF be...
Peter Avalos
11:42 AM Revision 714f7d5a: MFC two fixes that were obviously forgotten so far:
etc/Makefile - rev 1.3
sys/netinet/ip_input.c - rev 1.69
Reported-by: Y.K. in the comments section of the ...
Sascha Wildner
08:29 AM Revision f685247e: Rework generating of files so that every generation tool will only run once.
Before, we generated a file over and over again where it was needed by the
build process, instead of generating the f...
Simon Schubert
08:22 AM Revision 29e3bdae: Don't hang `all' off `_EXTRADEPEND', but rather on `afterdepend'.
The problem with using _EXTRADEPEND is that ${DEPENDFILE} depends on
_EXTRADEPEND, which means it will depend on the ...
Simon Schubert
03:38 AM Revision 77ccf7de: mdoc makeover, no content changes
Sascha Wildner
03:01 AM Revision e9d782c5: Comment out empty section.
Sascha Wildner
01:55 AM Revision 9d14bed9: Output more detail when reporting errors. Use err() instead of warn();exit();
Simon Schubert

08/24/2007

04:17 PM Bug #790: newer HIFN support 7955/7956
:more stuff from my tree.. originally from FreeBSD/OpenBSD - it's had 18+ months of soak .. hopefully
:I haven't miss...
dillon
01:15 PM Bug #790 (Closed): newer HIFN support 7955/7956
more stuff from my tree.. originally from FreeBSD/OpenBSD - it's had 18+ months of soak .. hopefully
I haven't missed...
andrew_atrens
04:09 PM Bug #789: (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
:Oops, this is also needed!
:
: crit_enter();
: for (mp = &m0; uio->uio_resid; mp = &m->m_next) {
:- MG...
dillon
04:07 PM Bug #789: (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
:Oops, this is also needed!
p.s. all these patches are malformed. Your mailer is doing something
bad to them....
dillon
01:04 PM Bug #789 (Closed): (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
Oops, this is also needed!
Index: ppp_tty.c
===================================================================
RCS ...
andrew_atrens
04:04 PM Bug #785: fixes for src/sys/bus/firewire/firewire.c
:taken from FreeBSD
:
:Index: firewire.c
:===================================================================
:RCS fi...
dillon
12:40 PM Bug #785 (Closed): fixes for src/sys/bus/firewire/firewire.c
taken from FreeBSD
Index: firewire.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /...
andrew_atrens
02:13 PM Bug #791 (Closed): add T2300 cpu support to EST
Works with the estd pkg
Info gleaned from FreeBSD/NetBSD and backported here .. their versions of est.c are consider...
andrew_atrens
01:04 PM Bug #788 (Closed): CORRECTION: (part 2) pppX fix for altq/pf
Oops again. my version has no crit_enter/crit_exit .. so I've needed to
tweak the patch to not touch those (2) lines ...
andrew_atrens
12:59 PM Bug #787 (Closed): add geode companion support to ohci probe code
Index: ohci_pci.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /usr/dfly/repo/src/sy...
andrew_atrens
12:54 PM Bug #786 (Closed): allow pppX interfaces to work with altq/pf
Index: if_ppp.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /usr/dfly/repo/src/sys/...
andrew_atrens
09:08 AM Revision 05b0ce5d: Add T2300 cpu support to EST.
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com>
Taken-from: FreeBSD and NetBSD
Matthew Dillon
09:06 AM Revision cd9a04f7: part2 ppX fix for altq/pf.
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com> Matthew Dillon
09:02 AM Revision 3d3db9ab: Add geode companion support to ohci probe code
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com> Matthew Dillon
09:00 AM Revision ad1cb19b: Add missing if_softc assignment, allowing pppX interfaces to
work with altq/pf.
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com>
Matthew Dillon
08:58 AM Revision 8b93a485: Add missing xfer->state assignment.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com>
Matthew Dillon

08/23/2007

12:00 AM Revision 4d005c1d: Define TARGET_PLATFORM matching TARGET_ARCH.
This way we don't have to specify TARGET_ARCH *and* TARGET_PLATFORM for
crossbuilds. Of course this should be genera...
Simon Schubert
11:57 PM Revision eb1b7db1: Drop reference to non-existing variable.
Simon Schubert
11:56 PM Revision 02fc0ba7: Define MACHINE et al like this header is supposed to do.
Simon Schubert
11:52 PM Revision cac7e294: Don't define USED_FOR_TARGET on the command line.
This produces all kinds of side effects, ultimately leading to the csu
sources and the compiler being out of sync on ...
Simon Schubert
11:22 PM Revision 23f5c568: Define USED_FOR_TARGET in tconfig.h, matching what gcc does.
Simon Schubert
11:19 PM Revision ea87ee73: Change gcc41 search path setup to match gcc34.
We need this modification to make the cross compiler use the correct
search paths. I would prefer a solution without...
Simon Schubert
11:13 PM Revision 4c05d4f0: Use the i486 headers for amd64.
Simon Schubert

08/22/2007

02:35 PM Revision f963a040: Add usbdi(9) manpage.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD Hasso Tepper
09:56 AM Revision ca28958c: Temporary hack up a fix for msdos which avoids a deadlock between the VM
subsystem and the buffer cache subsystem.
Reported-by: "Andrew Atrens" <atrens@nortel.com>
Matthew Dillon
09:26 AM Bug #783: umount issue with NTFS filesystems
Looks like there's a mkntfs is available in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/ntfsprogs
(Linux-NTFS.org tools), and I did the sani...
floid
05:42 PM Bug #783: umount issue with NTFS filesystems
:New submission from qermit <piotr.miedzik@etel.pl>:
:
:qbot# mount
:/dev/ad0s4a on / (ufs, local)
:procfs on /proc (...
dillon
05:18 PM Bug #783 (Closed): umount issue with NTFS filesystems
qbot# mount
/dev/ad0s4a on / (ufs, local)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
/dev/ad0s5 on /mnt/aparat (ntfs, local)
if...
qermit
07:11 AM Bug #784: SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
I should also mention that the DVD is confirmed to work - CDs boot, though I
don't have anything on CD recent enough ...
floid
07:05 AM Bug #784 (Closed): SATA no-go on ATI SB600 (K9AGM-FID)
I mentioned this on IRC a few days ago, and got as far as confirming it remains
a problem with 1.10 (well, "1.11") as...
floid
06:47 AM Revision 0d8e7742: MFC: ieee80211_output.c rev 1.23
Fix for CVE-2006-7180
Obtained-from: MadWifi via Sam Leffler
Sepherosa Ziehau
06:41 AM Revision a92bce5e: Fix for CVE-2006-7180
Obtained-from: MadWifi via Sam Leffler Sepherosa Ziehau
06:24 AM Revision 4ac84526: - Add ic_headroom through which drivers can inform 802.11 layer to reserve
some space for device specific TX header when encapsulate 802.11 frames.
- Add another parameter to ieee80211_getmgtf...
Sepherosa Ziehau
01:50 AM Revision 27850a6f: Merge from vendor branch GDB:
Drop the stupid patch infrastructure and merge patches into contrib.
I'm not willing to spend several minutes to hou...
Simon Schubert
01:50 AM Revision 3749d171: Drop the stupid patch infrastructure and merge patches into contrib.
I'm not willing to spend several minutes to hours trying to figure out
how to do makefile magic to get this patch inf...
Simon Schubert
01:50 AM Revision dcfd142b: Drop the stupid patch infrastructure and merge patches into contrib.
I'm not willing to spend several minutes to hours trying to figure out
how to do makefile magic to get this patch inf...
Simon Schubert
07:22 PM Bug #420: altq_enable: assertion: ifq->ifq_len == 0
submitter timeout, committing anyways. corecode

08/21/2007

01:04 PM Revision a888a18d: Define macros also for amd64.
On-behalf-of: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Submitted-by: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Simon Schubert
01:03 PM Revision 9499b2b6: Fix size types.
On-behalf-of: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Submitted-by: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Simon Schubert
12:55 PM Revision 175e498a: Don't include the kernel target. This is handled in kgdb separately.
On-behalf-of: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Submitted-by: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Simon Schubert
12:49 PM Revision 050a21aa: Fix amd64 support of libc.
On-behalf-of: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Submitted-by: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Simon Schubert
12:45 PM Revision 39923942: Resurrect headers for sys/platform/pc64/include from CVS Attic.
Patch and mark them as platform specific.
On-behalf-of: Noah Yan <noah.yan@gmail.com>
Submitted-by: Noah Yan <noah...
Simon Schubert
12:40 PM Revision fc3f9779: The first commit of a series of 6 commits for the amd64 port.
This commit includes header files for amd64 cpu that are in
sys/cpu/amd64/include.
The #1 task to port for amd64 is ...
Simon Schubert
12:23 PM Revision fa72a36b: Write status output to stderr.
Simon Schubert
12:23 PM Revision e63b4d2b: Remove stale prototype.
Simon Schubert
12:21 PM Revision 91148f10: Fix panic with ALTQ.
DragonFly-bug: <http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue420>
Submitted-by: Matthias-Christian Ott
Simon Schubert
12:16 PM Revision a4ef122b: Add msleep(9) to the sleep(9) page.
Simon Schubert
10:43 AM Revision cfb7e99a: Do not try to dump UIO_NOCOPY writes to the journal. There's nothing
to dump at the moment. Matthew Dillon
10:30 AM Bug #782 (Closed): missleading error message on mountroot prompt
hey,
when entering "ufs:ad0s1a" on mountroot>, the system told me something like
no such device 'ad'
entering "ufs...
corecode
10:27 AM Bug #781 (In Progress): fdisk uses wrong geometry on usb flash drives
hey,
fdisk uses some stupid geometry like 1/0/1 on usb flash drives. umass however detects the geometry correctly...
corecode
10:26 AM Revision 8aa7625b: getpages/putpages fixup part 1 - Add support for UIO_NOCOPY VOP_WRITEs to
filesystems which use the buffer cache and assert that UIO_NOCOPY is not
being used for filesystems which do not.
Fo...
Matthew Dillon

08/20/2007

02:23 PM Revision 469334e1: Set subversion for 1.10.1
Matthew Dillon
02:12 PM Revision c3656acd: Sync with HEAD.
Sascha Wildner
02:08 PM Revision 0e49ec84: Sync zoneinfo database with tzdata2007g from elsie.
africa: 8.8 -> 8.9
antarctica: 8.3 -> 8.4
australasia: 8.7 -> 8.8
europe: 8.10 -> 8.11
leap...
Sascha Wildner
05:47 AM Bug #780: lockuninit()
:It appears we don't have an uninit function for lockmgr locks. This means we
:don't ever uninit the embedded spinlo...
dillon
06:11 PM Bug #780 (Closed): lockuninit()
It appears we don't have an uninit function for lockmgr locks. This means we
don't ever uninit the embedded spinlock...
aoiko
10:44 PM Revision 8fc3c98f: Add a prototype and wrapper for lockuninit() to complement spin_uninit().
Submitted-by: Aggelos Economopoulos <aoiko@cc.ece.ntua.gr> Matthew Dillon
10:40 PM Revision 585aafb6: Fix another ^T race related to catching a LWP just as it is being created,
before lwp_thread has been assigned.
Reported-by: Stefan Krueger
Matthew Dillon
10:27 PM Revision 41556a7a: Fix the root device selection to match the manual page. Before it was always
choosing the CD. Now it chooses the first disk (-r or -c) option specified.
Submitted-by: Clement Martin <cma@aluny...
Matthew Dillon
07:02 PM Revision db80cfbf: Update for the latest changes to nrelease/Makefile.
Sascha Wildner
06:35 PM Revision e1491010: s/.Fx/.Dx/
Sascha Wildner

08/19/2007

12:45 PM Revision fdc9ec00: Bring in latest uftdi(4) driver from FreeBSD.
Obtained-from: FreeBSD Hasso Tepper
12:42 PM Revision fd75cf40: There is no reason to be so verbose.
Hasso Tepper
11:47 AM Revision b89ed9b6: Add missing .Sh LIBRARY.
Sascha Wildner
10:16 AM Revision 71f2bf84: Use device_printf() where it makes sense.
Hasso Tepper
05:16 AM Revision f9532f82: Allow up to 13 bits for mode numbers.
Some VESA implementations use more than 9 bits for mode numbers (in
violation of the specification which marks D9-D12...
Sascha Wildner
04:39 AM Revision bb2c2021: * Use one ioctl() (CONS_SET, analogous to CONS_GET) for switching video
modes instead of having one ioctl() per video mode.
* Adjust userspace (vidcontrol, libvgl) accordingly.
* Bump lib...
Sascha Wildner
03:19 AM Revision 641b6304: Add Smart Technologies USB to serial adapter.
Obtained-from: NetBSD Hasso Tepper
03:03 AM Revision b3415da1: Add Smart Technologies USB to serial adapter.
Obtained-from: NetBSD Hasso Tepper
07:45 PM Bug #563: strange bug with USB hdd
I'm sorry, it's probably hardware problems: similar problems in winxp (some
hours of testing). But, why it occurs in ...
aix-d

08/18/2007

01:48 PM Revision 770899e9: Add some missing LIBRARY sections.
Sascha Wildner
11:58 AM Revision 2eedeb17: Add some words about the MBUF_STRESS_TEST kernel option and the sysctls
it creates.
Taken-from: FreeBSD
Sascha Wildner
11:16 AM Revision 5054c0b0: Add MBUF_DEBUG.
Sascha Wildner
11:04 AM Revision 6300e2e2: Use upper case for section header and expand HISTORY a bit.
Sascha Wildner
10:55 AM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
Although I've seen that it is already commit, for information my colleagues were:
- Jonathan Buschmann <jonthn+dfly@a...
baptiste.ritter
09:09 AM Revision a8cc122d: Note that the vke interface needs to be brought up for its IP address to
be assigned.
Submitted-by: Chris Turner <c.turner@199technologies.org>
Sascha Wildner
08:23 AM Revision 4b967b96: Update for libarchive-2.2.6 import.
Peter Avalos
08:20 AM Revision 2106e85c: Merge from vendor branch LIBARCHIVE:
Import libarchive 2.2.6. Peter Avalos
08:20 AM Revision e01746fa: Import libarchive 2.2.6.
Peter Avalos
02:48 AM Revision 05f90ad8: MFC: umct.c rev 1.11
Fix setting 115200 baudrate. Hasso Tepper
02:44 AM Revision 2655a18e: Fix setting 115200 baudrate.
Hasso Tepper
01:46 AM Revision 98b2ba80: Add some words about the vcd driver in the DEVICES section.
While I'm here, adjust some TABs and copyright years, and sort the
manpages in the Makefile.
Sascha Wildner
05:10 PM Revision 9b29c40a: Deprecate 'installer_*' targets. If used a warning is generated and the
build will sleep for 10 seconds before continuing.
New way of doing targets: build what you want by specifying multi...
Matthew Dillon

08/17/2007

03:59 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
Patch #2 has been committed! I do not have it set as the default
for any kernels yet, though.
-Matt
dillon
04:07 AM Revision 5d7c25a3: Add 'options CARP' to the SYNOPSIS.
Reported-by: Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen@mail.dk> Sascha Wildner
11:40 PM Revision 9d2ed13a: Make functions static.
Hasso Tepper

08/16/2007

01:38 PM Revision 2d0688d7: Add umsm(4) driver for EVDO and UMTS modems with Qualcomm MSM chipsets.
Obtained-from: OpenBSD Hasso Tepper
01:10 PM Revision 9d269839: Add some devices based on Qualcomm HSDPA chips.
Hasso Tepper
01:03 PM Revision 0d16ba1d: Bring CARP into the tree. CARP = Common Address Redundancy Protocol, which
allows an IP address to hot switch to backup machine(s) when the master goes
offline.
Submitted-by: Baptiste Ritter ...
Matthew Dillon
12:07 PM Revision 9e0d52f9: Remove reference to the nonexistant uhub(4).
Hasso Tepper
04:23 AM Revision 4d9d94eb: MFC: if_wb.c rev 1.39
Extra ';' after if() would cause panic if attaching failed.
Noticed-by: hasso@
Sepherosa Ziehau
04:20 AM Revision 6d089972: Extra ';' after if() would cause panic if attaching failed.
Noticed-by: hasso@ Sepherosa Ziehau
01:25 AM Bug #779: LOSSLESS COMPRESSION
I didn't get that too (I am not using newsgroup)
Best Regards,
sephe
sepherosa
07:59 PM Bug #779: LOSSLESS COMPRESSION
It didn't seem to have made it to the newsgroup.
Sascha
swildner
07:52 PM Bug #779 (Closed): LOSSLESS COMPRESSION
Hmm. I'm not sure how that one got through. It was bounced like 8
times but then for some reason the mailing lis...
dillon
12:03 AM Revision fb55151b: Add support for HandyTech's Braille displays into ubsa(4) (ID found in
Linux driver). Hasso Tepper
11:58 PM Revision fe82fe14: Add the ID of USB serial interface used in HandyTech Braille displays.
Hasso Tepper
10:08 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:26:48 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
My role was testing. I ...
bastyaelvtars
10:04 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
Like options(4) on NetBSD?
Cheers,
--
Thomas E. Spanjaard
tgen@netphreax.net
TGEN
09:38 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
:It would be nice to have CARP GENERIC;
:this not done in patch, but it is included in VKERNEL.
:
:Thanks for porting...
dillon
09:35 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
SYSOPSIS isn't including 'options CARP' in new patch in this issue.
Change between the two patches in this issue is j...
thomas.nikolajsen
09:31 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
:For me (and my colleagues Jonathan and Nicolas) the patch is good enough to be committed ;
:Furthermore, we think th...
dillon
08:54 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:32:41 -0000
Thomas Nikolajsen <sinknull@crater.dragonflybsd.org> wrote:
That's my fault: I ha...
bastyaelvtars
08:32 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
I have done some CARP testing; it worked as expected.
Test was using 3 pc's on LAN (2 CARP enabled & one observer (p...
thomas.nikolajsen
08:32 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
For me (and my colleagues Jonathan and Nicolas) the patch is good enough to be committed ;
Furthermore, we think that...
baptiste.ritter
05:26 PM Bug #664: Second patch for CARP
It looks to me like this is ready enough to be committed to widen the
testing arena. Mr Ritter, do you think its...
dillon
05:47 PM Bug #778: buildworld breaks after recent lwp changes
:/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c: In function `kvm_proclist':
:/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:265: error: structure ha...
dillon

08/15/2007

01:12 PM Bug #778 (Closed): buildworld breaks after recent lwp changes
/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c: In function `kvm_proclist':
/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:265: error: structure has ...
sepherosa
01:12 PM Bug #777 (Closed): buildworld breaks after recent lwp changes
/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c: In function `kvm_proclist':
/usr/src/lib/libkvm/kvm_proc.c:265: error: structure has ...
sepherosa
12:37 PM Revision e42f5937: Clean up the kvm process code. This is only used when trying to get a
process list out of a kernel core with 'ps'. Many things had gone stale.
Also adjust the code to traverse the new L...
Matthew Dillon
12:31 PM Revision 38379828: * Add DPMS support to the vesa module.
* Adjust the V_DISPLAY_* defines to play better with DPMS.
* Fix {blank,green}_saver to check if the requested state...
Sascha Wildner
07:34 AM Revision 50e7ede1: Fix uslcom path.
Sascha Wildner
11:47 PM Revision 68099479: Hardware flow control support for uslcom(4).
Obtained-from: NetBSD with modifications Hasso Tepper
08:15 PM Revision 3e291793: Convert the lwp list into a red-black tree. This greatly reduces the
overhead of looking up LWPs for numerous operations including select and
removes the hokey fork code that tried to av...
Matthew Dillon
08:14 PM Bug #775: fix for alix1.c pci bus detection
:
:Seen on ALIX.1C board (www.pcengines.ch) .. Matt suspects it may be fix some recent Transmeta -based
:issues ..
...
dillon
08:11 PM Bug #776: patch - fix for amd geode cs5536 companion (ehci) panic
:Also fixes word-reversed AMD 8111 device ID.
Committted.
-Matt
dillon
08:10 PM Revision 792a98ed: Signals have to be blocked when creating our LWPs or a LWP may receive a
signal before it is ready to handle it. This can cause clock interrupt
to stop operating when booting SMP.
Fix cpu_...
Matthew Dillon
06:15 PM Bug #774: mp_lock related panic (it seems)
:http://www.rumko.net/dragonfly/DSC00129.JPG
:
:because after a reboot savecore says there were no core dumps, I can ...
dillon

08/14/2007

03:28 PM Revision 404f1930: Add uark(4) driver which supports Arkmicro Technologies ARK3116 chip found
in some USB to serial adapters.
Obtained-from: OpenBSD
Hasso Tepper
01:29 PM Revision 2b0645c3: Add '-H', 'nlwp', and 'tid' options to ps(1) to display some LWP data (inspired
from FreeBSD options). Clean up the kernel's initialization of the kl_tid
field.
Submitted-by: "Nicolas Thery" <nth...
Matthew Dillon
01:09 PM Revision 5ba80d2d: Fix pci bus detection on certain motherboards. Fixes bus detect on
ALIX.1C board (www.pcengines.ch). May fix bus detection on other esoteric
boards.
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atre...
Matthew Dillon
01:06 PM Revision 5bc58c3e: Fix for amd geode cs5536 companion (ehci) panic. Also fix a word-reversed
AMD 8111 device ID.
Submitted-by: Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortel.com>
Matthew Dillon
10:40 AM Revision f5fc7b9c: - Correct SYNOPSIS section in USB serial manpages.
- Add references to ubsa(4) and uslcom(4) to the ucom(4) manpage.
- Remove section regarding portno from ucom(4) manp...
Hasso Tepper
08:41 AM Bug #768: wpa_supplicant does not build
looks like it's resolved pgeorgi
08:38 AM Revision b4f3991b: MFC pccard_get_ether fix:
- Overlooked pccard dark corner: NIC lan id should be returned by reference.
- Const-fy pccard_get_ether() return v...
Sepherosa Ziehau
08:32 AM Revision 6494cec5: - Overlooked pccard dark corner: NIC lan id should be returned by reference.
- Const-fy pccard_get_ether() return value.
Reported-by: EJHaug <ejh@eas.slu.edu>
Sepherosa Ziehau
08:11 AM Revision 528a9d4b: MFC:
pccbb_pci.c rev 1.2
Makefile rev 1.3
If PCI_MAP_FIXUP is defined and first IO memory fails, don't try to relocate
cb...
Sepherosa Ziehau
07:58 AM Revision ecb86ab5: If PCI_MAP_FIXUP is defined, we can no longer do the reallocation magic;
at least it breaks following case:
1) BIOS does not assign cbb IO memory.
2) ipw and cbb are on the same PCI bus.
3)...
Sepherosa Ziehau
06:30 AM Revision fbb35ef0: Add a new csum flag to tell IP defragmenter that csum_data does _not_
contain a valid IP fragment payload checksum. This flag is only intented
to be used by IP defragmenter.
Currently o...
Sepherosa Ziehau
04:31 AM Revision f66590ae: Add some new uslcom(4) device ids found in Linux driver.
Hasso Tepper
04:04 AM Revision 7143e4d6: Add some new uslcom(4) devices found in Linux driver.
Hasso Tepper
03:11 AM Revision 7a998326: uslcom(4) works with devices based on CP2103 chip. Tested by me with CP2103
evaluation kit. Hasso Tepper
02:39 AM Revision 5926abe5: Add uslcom(4) into LINT.
Reminded-by: Sascha Wildner Hasso Tepper
01:53 AM Revision 2fe7d695: Add uslcom(4) driver which provides support for USB devices based on
Silicon Laboratories CP120x USB-UART bridges.
Obtained-from: OpenBSD
Hasso Tepper
01:42 AM Revision b78b6438: Add devices based on Silicon Laboratories USB-UART bridge.
Obtained-from: OpenBSD Hasso Tepper
 

Also available in: Atom