DragonFly currently doesn't have any GPT support in its installer, which makes it hard to install on > 2TB storage volumes.
1. Register some GUID partition types
UFS and swap partitions could reuse the FreeBSD UFS and partition types
New types are needed for HAMMER and HAMMER2 file systems
2. Add full-volume support to the installer
The installer should be able to install DragonFly on a dedicated volume
3. Add partial volume support to the installer
For people wanting to keep non-DragonFly managed data on part of a volume
Updated by ftigeot about 9 years ago
- Related to Bug #2264: DragonFly can't be installed on bigger than 2TB volumes added
Updated by herrgard about 9 years ago
DragonFly has some partition types already. From /etc/defaults/uuids:#
9d087404-1ca5-11dc-8817-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly Label32"
9d58fdbd-1ca5-11dc-8817-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly Swap"
9d94ce7c-1ca5-11dc-8817-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly UFS1"
9dd4478f-1ca5-11dc-8817-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly Vinum"
dbd5211b-1ca5-11dc-8817-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly CCD"
3d48ce54-1d16-11dc-8696-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly Label64"
bd215ab2-1d16-11dc-8696-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly Legacy"
61dc63ac-6e38-11dc-8513-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly HAMMER"
5cbb9ad1-862d-11dc-a94d-01301bb8a9f5 "DragonFly HAMMER2"
Updated by ftigeot almost 8 years ago
- Related to Bug #2830: gpt(8) doesn't align partitions to 1MB blocks added
Updated by pascii over 7 years ago
- File installer-gpt.patch installer-gpt.patch added
Here's a patch for installing to a GPT slice. You must manually setup the slice beforehand.