Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #335

closed

test issue

Added by corecode about 15 years ago. Updated about 15 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

test issue?

Actions #1

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

moo

Actions #2

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

test nosy

Actions #3

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

hua?

Actions #4

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

more test

Actions #5

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

honk

Actions #6

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

hu

Actions #7

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

terter

Actions #8

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

asdsad

Actions #9

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

dddd

Actions #10

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

test

Actions #11

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

sdfsdfsd

Actions #12

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

sdf

Actions #13

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

dfgdfg

Actions #14

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

sdfsdf

Actions #15

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

jkhkhj

Actions #16

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing

Actions #17

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

moo

Actions #18

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing, please ignore

Actions #19

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing, please ignore (take 243)

Actions #20

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <> added the comment:

testing, please ignore (take 243)

seems the bugs<->mail gateway works!

Actions #21

Updated by justin about 15 years ago

On Sat, September 30, 2006 8:51 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

testing, please ignore (take 243)

seems the bugs<->mail gateway works!

Can you set RoundUp to only send mail if it's not something it recieved
from bugs@? Otherwise, we're going to have an extra email for each
reported item.

Also, can a URL to the bugs.dragonflybsd.org web page for that 'thread' be
included in each mail? It'll make it easier to get to, both from anyone's
inbox and from the mail archive.

Actions #22

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

Can you set RoundUp to only send mail if it's not something it recieved
from bugs@? Otherwise, we're going to have an extra email for each
reported item.

That's what I spent 5 hours yesterday on. If you look close, you'll notice that there is always just one mail per entry. Either it was sent to the mailing list manually, then roundup won't send the same message to the list again (would create a loop). If a reply was added in the web interface, a mail is sent to the mailing list.

Also, can a URL to the bugs.dragonflybsd.org web page for that 'thread' be
included in each mail? It'll make it easier to get to, both from anyone's
inbox and from the mail archive.

Also this already happens. Of course mails which get sent directly to bugs@ don't contain this.

Maybe to clarify this: roundup is just hooked on the mailing list (receive/send), it is not (yet?) in the middle of the mail flow.

cheers
simon

Actions #23

Updated by jontro about 15 years ago

Is it meant to reply for each entry as it does now?
I'd say web only comments and not status changes are needed.

On 10/1/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <> wrote:

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <> added the comment:

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

Can you set RoundUp to only send mail if it's not something it recieved
from bugs@? Otherwise, we're going to have an extra email for each
reported item.

That's what I spent 5 hours yesterday on. If you look close, you'll notice that there is always just one mail per entry. Either it was sent to the mailing list manually, then roundup won't send the same message to the list again (would create a loop). If a reply was added in the web interface, a mail is sent to the mailing list.

Also, can a URL to the bugs.dragonflybsd.org web page for that 'thread' be
included in each mail? It'll make it easier to get to, both from anyone's
inbox and from the mail archive.

Also this already happens. Of course mails which get sent directly to bugs@ don't contain this.

Maybe to clarify this: roundup is just hooked on the mailing list (receive/send), it is not (yet?) in the middle of the mail flow.

cheers
simon

_______________________________________________
DragonFly issue tracker <>
<http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue335>
_______________________________________________

Actions #24

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

Jonas Trollvik wrote:

Is it meant to reply for each entry as it does now?
I'd say web only comments and not status changes are needed.

What do you mean with "reply"? If you mean that it should only send a mail to the list when there is a message added and not just when some status was changed: yes, that's already happening. All mails going to the list have content.

cheers
simon

Actions #25

Updated by jontro about 15 years ago

yes but is the "duplicate" mail really needed, Right now this thread
is 10 e-mails long when there is only 5 real messages.
What Im saying is that the system only needs to send out mail when the
message is added from the system.

On 10/1/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <> wrote:

Jonas Trollvik wrote:

Is it meant to reply for each entry as it does now?
I'd say web only comments and not status changes are needed.

What do you mean with "reply"? If you mean that it should only send a mail to the list when there is a message added and not just when some status was changed: yes, that's already happening. All mails going to the list have content.

cheers
simon

--
Serve - BSD ++ RENT this banner advert ++ ASCII Ribbon /"\
Work - Mac ++ space for low €€€ NOW!1 ++ Campaign \ /
Party Enjoy Relax | http://dragonflybsd.org Against HTML \
Dude 2c 2 the max ! http://golden-apple.biz Mail + News / \

Actions #26

Updated by bill.marquette about 15 years ago

On 10/1/06, Jonas Trollvik <> wrote:

yes but is the "duplicate" mail really needed, Right now this thread
is 10 e-mails long when there is only 5 real messages.
What Im saying is that the system only needs to send out mail when the
message is added from the system.

I'm seeing the duplicate emails also. Checking the bugs@ archive on
leaf shows only one email though.

--Bill

Actions #27

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

Bill Marquette wrote:

On 10/1/06, Jonas Trollvik <> wrote:

yes but is the "duplicate" mail really needed, Right now this thread
is 10 e-mails long when there is only 5 real messages.
What Im saying is that the system only needs to send out mail when the
message is added from the system.

I'm seeing the duplicate emails also. Checking the bugs@ archive on
leaf shows only one email though.

could you or jonas forward both copies including headers so that i can see what is going on?

thanks
simon

Actions #28

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing more...

Actions #29

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

could you or jonas forward both copies including headers so that i can see what is going on?

okay, testing. this should be fixed now.

Actions #30

Updated by jontro about 15 years ago

Thanks, looking good!

On 10/2/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <> wrote:

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

could you or jonas forward both copies including headers so that i can see what is going on?

okay, testing. this should be fixed now.

--
Serve - BSD ++ RENT this banner advert ++ ASCII Ribbon /"\
Work - Mac ++ space for low €€€ NOW!1 ++ Campaign \ /
Party Enjoy Relax | http://dragonflybsd.org Against HTML \
Dude 2c 2 the max ! http://golden-apple.biz Mail + News / \

Actions #31

Updated by joerg about 15 years ago

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 09:13:49PM +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

Bill Marquette wrote:

On 10/1/06, Jonas Trollvik <> wrote:

yes but is the "duplicate" mail really needed, Right now this thread
is 10 e-mails long when there is only 5 real messages.
What Im saying is that the system only needs to send out mail when the
message is added from the system.

I'm seeing the duplicate emails also. Checking the bugs@ archive on
leaf shows only one email though.

could you or jonas forward both copies including headers so that i can see
what is going on?

It duplicates mail send e.g. to submit@.

Joerg

Actions #32

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing mail address

Actions #33

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing mail address try2

Actions #34

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

try3, sorry for the disturbance

Actions #35

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

try 3 part 2, still sorry

Actions #36

Updated by wbh about 15 years ago

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

Simon,

I can alias-up some temporary virtual addresses that point back to address(es)
of your choice if that helps for 'non-intrusive' testing.

Bill

Actions #37

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

thanks, the problem is that I have to route the mails exactly through the system like they will, otherwise all the checks don't work :/

but now it is sorted out. hooray!

cheers
simon

Actions #38

Updated by corecode about 15 years ago

testing duplicate suppression

Actions #39

Updated by justin about 15 years ago

Done with testing.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF