acpica upgrade to 20110211 (tentative)
the background: using dfly on an old laptop with not fully acpi compliant
chipset caused kernel panic, due to:
- double free in /sys/contrib/dev/acpica-unix/namespace/nspredef.c
- null pointer exception in AcpiReadBitRegister (fixed with commit
As the first problem has been already fixed in a later acpica release
the only reasonable thing to me to do was an acpica release upgrade.
So i dared bringing in acpica 20110211:
It's a big patch, but it's just a bring in of
acpica-unix-20110211.tar.gz with the least number of modifications to
It's still not usable anyway:
- absurd temp values reported (was the same in fbsd 6.3, seen in forums)
- on that laptop two GPEs cause an interrupt storm, slowing down the
Changes in /sys/dev/acpi are kept at a minimum to adapt to the new api
(btw simpler, but more fine grained), except new AcpiSetupGpeForWake(),
for what i followed fbsd 8.0 code
As i'm new to dfly, acpica, git(hub) i'm not sure if:
- i brought in all necessary stuff from tarball
- all things i brought in are really necessary
- my modifications in /sys/dev/acpi dir are meaningful at all
That's why i would be grateful if someone experienced could review the
patch and give feedback.
Further, patch unrelated feedback (coding style, git usage, ...) is
highly appreciated too.
#1 Updated by justin almost 4 years ago
On Wed, February 23, 2011 5:31 am, Magliano Andre' wrote:
> It's still not usable anyway:
> - absurd temp values reported (was the same in fbsd 6.3, seen in forums)
> - on that laptop two GPEs cause an interrupt storm, slowing down the
Are these problems that already existed, or new with this upgrade. If
they already existed - oh well, we're not any worse off. If they're new,
that's not so great.