- Adding descry field to struct spin lock, changed initialiser and spin_init function
#3 Updated by swildner over 2 years ago
I have looked at the patch, but it will not run with DEBUG_LOCKS in the kernel config. It gets stuck here right after entering the kernel from the loader, before the copyright messages and all. I guess it tries to kprintf() something at a point where kprintf() as such isn't usable yet. Have you tried it with DEBUG_LOCKS/DEBUG_LOCKS_LATENCY?
Furthermore, I've changed the following things in the patch:
* Move descr to the bottom of struct spinlock at Matt's request.
* Change the argument order of SPINLOCK_INITIALIZER() to match spin_init()'s order, i.e. "descr" becomes the second argument.
* Fix a broken kprintf() in usched_dfly.c.
* Move some kprintf()s around for cosmetic reasons.
* Adjust indent.
The new patch is here -> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/spinlock_descr.diff
#5 Updated by swildner over 2 years ago
I have committed the bulk of your patch to master (http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/ba87a4ab252df80acecfc25acfd9e406ea7f4c93), which is everything except the kprintf()s.
Do you want to submit a new patch for the kprintf()s? I am not 100% which make sense but right now there are two issues:
* Without any further options, it prints the "choose worst queue.." messages frequently on normal operation (like booting and building world for example). Does it indicate an issue with usched_*?
* With DEBUG_LOCKS, the system will not boot at all, presumably due to wanting to kprintf() too early, I guess from one of the messages in spinlock2.h