- Registered on: 12/07/2005
- Last connection: 04/03/2018
- DragonFlyBSD (Reporter, Manager, Developer, 12/07/2005)
- 12:27 AM DragonFlyBSD Revision dd8be70a: kernel - Remove cache ping-pong on common scheduler operations
- * Reflect dfly_curprocmask and dfly_rdyprocmask bits in the
scheduler's pcpu structures. This allows us to reduce ...
- 12:23 AM DragonFlyBSD Revision 1725c995: kernel - More deterministic systat -pv lock name output
- * Update the lock name in the globaldata structure for any
contended lock that bumps the SMP collision count (basic...
- 12:19 AM DragonFlyBSD Revision f6240282: kernel - Improve lockf performance
- * Improve fcntl lockf performance with two small optimizations.
Together these add a little over 10% in non-contend...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision 886546ec: kernel - Improve kern_dup() performance
- * Run the operation with a single exclusive spinlock instead of
acquiring and releasing it twice. Improves thread-...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision 024f2ea1: kernel - Improve namecache performance
- * Improve performance for the edge case where a process is
deleting a large number of files. In this situation,
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision f56151fa: libthread_xu - Improve contended mutex code
- * Retry a few times in a loop before using the umtx*() system
calls to sleep.
This significantly reduces IPI tra...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision f373576f: kernel - Remove performance pessimization with INVARIANTS
- * Remove lf_global_counter under INVARIANTS, fixes cache pessimization.
We want performance scaling to continue to ...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision cc705b82: kernel - Carefully refactor contended tokens and spinlocks
- * Carefully put the exponential backoff back in for spinlocks, and
implement for tokens. Only applicable to exclus...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision b8b08456: kernel - Fix statistics accounting bug in kfree()
- * kfree() was bumping the statistics counters for the wrong cpu.
This could lead to kmalloc statistics slowly becom...
- 07:31 PM DragonFlyBSD Revision 0f22bffd: kernel - Carefully refactor contended tokens and spinlocks (2)
- * After testing, increasing the exponential cap from 1024 to
4096 appears to produce better results, so the previou...
Also available in: Atom