Project

General

Profile

Bug #1925

hammer: Missing volume (No header)

Added by peur.neu almost 10 years ago. Updated almost 10 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Had a crash as usual using xorg i915 driver while switching to text console.
i915 xorg driver works fantastic. console crashes.
after the crash this is the result on a fresh system.

foo# mount_hammer -o ro /dev/ad2s1b /media/R1
hammer_mount: Missing volume, cannot mount /dev/ad2s1b
(No header)

using.
foo# uname -a
DragonFlyBSD 2.8.2 (i386)

using DF 2.8.2 (x86_64) seems not to happen.

the other hammer functions on x64 work flawless on a full 100Gb drive.

History

#1

Updated by alexh almost 10 years ago

The text console switching was actually a bug recently introduced in
syscons that has been fixed for a while now.

Regarding your hammer issue, usually the b-partition is swap. Are you
sure that it is hammer? As I was saying, the installer uses b as swap in
a normal hammer based install.

Cheers,
Alex Hornung

"Diegu" <> wrote:
> Had a crash as usual using xorg i915 driver while switching to text
> console.
> i915 xorg driver works fantastic. console crashes.
> after the crash this is the result on a fresh system.
>
> foo# mount_hammer -o ro /dev/ad2s1b /media/R1
> hammer_mount: Missing volume, cannot mount /dev/ad2s1b
> (No header)
>
> using.
> foo# uname -a
> DragonFlyBSD 2.8.2 (i386)
>
> using DF 2.8.2 (x86_64) seems not to happen.
>
> the other hammer functions on x64 work flawless on a full 100Gb drive.

#2

Updated by peur.neu almost 10 years ago

not much success with syscons. i'll have to make world. higly undesired on a
data full hdd.

about hammer. yes, ad2 s1b is swap. but the message comes out from the
hammer partition
rather than from swap partition.

"Alex Hornung" <> escribió en el mensaje
> The text console switching was actually a bug recently introduced in
> syscons that has been fixed for a while now.
>
> Regarding your hammer issue, usually the b-partition is swap. Are you
> sure that it is hammer? As I was saying, the installer uses b as swap in
> a normal hammer based install.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex Hornung
>
> "Diegu" <> wrote:
>> Had a crash as usual using xorg i915 driver while switching to text
>> console.
>> i915 xorg driver works fantastic. console crashes.
>> after the crash this is the result on a fresh system.
>>
>> foo# mount_hammer -o ro /dev/ad2s1b /media/R1
>> hammer_mount: Missing volume, cannot mount /dev/ad2s1b
>> (No header)
>>
>> using.
>> foo# uname -a
>> DragonFlyBSD 2.8.2 (i386)
>>
>> using DF 2.8.2 (x86_64) seems not to happen.
>>
>> the other hammer functions on x64 work flawless on a full 100Gb drive.

#3

Updated by alexh almost 10 years ago

you just need to update your repository with git pull and then build the
kernel, not the syscons userland tool.

regarding the other issue, I don't quite understand. the message you pas
ted comes from trying to mount the swap partition as hammer. 'd' is the
hammer partition.

cheers,
alex

on a
>data full hdd.
>
>about hammer. yes, ad2 s1b is swap. but the message comes out from the
>hammer partition
>rather than from swap partition.
>
>
>"Alex Hornung" <> escribi� en el mensaje
>news:.
.
>> The text console switching was actually a bug recently introduced in
>> syscons that has been fixed for a while now.
>>
>> Regarding your hammer issue, usually the b-partition is swap. Are you
>> sure that it is hammer? As I was saying, the installer uses b as swap
in
>> a normal hammer based install.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alex Hornung
>>
>> "Diegu" <> wrote:
>>> Had a crash as usual using xorg i915 driver while switching to text
>>> console.
>>> i915 xorg driver works fantastic. console crashes.
>>> after the crash this is the result on a fresh system.
>>>
>>> foo# mount_hammer -o ro /dev/ad2s1b /media/R1
>>> hammer_mount: Missing volume, cannot mount /dev/ad2s1b
>>> (No header)
>>>
>>> using.
>>> foo# uname -a
>>> DragonFlyBSD 2.8.2 (i386)
>>>
>>> using DF 2.8.2 (x86_64) seems not to happen.
>>>
>>> the other hammer functions on x64 work flawless on a full 100Gb driv
e.
>
>

#4

Updated by peur.neu almost 10 years ago

Alex,

everything built fine, the update went more than ok.
overall perfomance is up to 16% more than the 2.8.2 cd distro.
i'll keep up on the source updates.
still trying to build Linux compat and packages.
i´ll update soon when i get vkernel tests and more serious production tests
like
nfs and smb performance.

cheers!

"Alex Hornung" <> escribió en el mensaje
news:4cf00ccd$0$889$415eb37d@crater_reader.dragonflybsd.org...
> you just need to update your repository with git pull and then build the
> kernel, not the syscons userland tool.
>
> regarding the other issue, I don't quite understand. the message you pas
> ted comes from trying to mount the swap partition as hammer. 'd' is the
> hammer partition.
>
> cheers, alex
>
> "Diegu" <> wrote:
>>not much success with syscons. i'll have to make world. higly undesired
> on a
>>data full hdd.
>>
>>about hammer. yes, ad2 s1b is swap. but the message comes out from the
>>hammer partition
>>rather than from swap partition.
>>
>>
>>"Alex Hornung" <> escribi? en el mensaje
>>news:.
> ..
>>> The text console switching was actually a bug recently introduced in
>>> syscons that has been fixed for a while now.
>>>
>>> Regarding your hammer issue, usually the b-partition is swap. Are you
>>> sure that it is hammer? As I was saying, the installer uses b as swap
> in
>>> a normal hammer based install.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alex Hornung
>>>
>>> "Diegu" <> wrote:
>>>> Had a crash as usual using xorg i915 driver while switching to text
>>>> console.
>>>> i915 xorg driver works fantastic. console crashes.
>>>> after the crash this is the result on a fresh system.
>>>>
>>>> foo# mount_hammer -o ro /dev/ad2s1b /media/R1
>>>> hammer_mount: Missing volume, cannot mount /dev/ad2s1b
>>>> (No header)
>>>>
>>>> using.
>>>> foo# uname -a
>>>> DragonFlyBSD 2.8.2 (i386)
>>>>
>>>> using DF 2.8.2 (x86_64) seems not to happen.
>>>>
>>>> the other hammer functions on x64 work flawless on a full 100Gb driv
> e.
>>
>>

Also available in: Atom PDF