Bug #350

https in KDE does not work

Added by schlesinger about 11 years ago. Updated over 10 years ago.

Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:



Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2006 15:24 schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger:


the problem does still exist with KDE 3.5.5 on 1.7.0-DEVELOPMENT.



#1 Updated by corecode almost 11 years ago

did you report to pkgsrc? if yes, can we close this bug?

#2 Updated by wa1ter almost 11 years ago

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

I know that Joerg did a lot of hacking on this problem, but I fear
he has given up in frustration. I just tried konqueror again today
and found the same old problem.

The trouble with reporting a bug to pkgsrc, of course, is that
Joerg AFAIK is the only person who would be willing and able to
fix it. (Unless, perhaps, you would give it a try..... :o)


#3 Updated by elekktretterr almost 11 years ago

This bug is still open. Ive had no HTTPS for about half a year now (in
KDE), think other people can still confirm it too.


#4 Updated by joerg almost 11 years ago

Nope, I just forgot about it. I have to setup a KDE environment on my
test system.


#5 Updated by schlesinger almost 11 years ago

I didn't file a pr on pkgsrc's bug tracker. My initial posting was a reply on
Petr Janda's posting from Sept, 5th, 2006:
> Hi,
> I compiled the latest KDE from pkgsrc, but it seems that SSL is broken
> somewhere. Konqueror doesnt load HTTPS sites and I cant log into msn
> since it uses SSL.

I've answered then:
can confirm that, https-websites don't work here, too (e. g. https in Firefox works, though.

My posting from Sept, 13th, 2006, was just a reminder.

#6 Updated by schlesinger almost 11 years ago

It's not Sept, 13th, 2006, it's October.

#7 Updated by allenofunix almost 11 years ago

From what I can tell, it appears to be a bug when konqueror is compiled against
openssl 0.9.8. It also fails for me on my NetBSD box.;m=112238830107557&amp;w=2

#8 Updated by joerg almost 11 years ago

I know, I haven't had time (or forget to schedule time) to find out
which of the many symbols it wants to lookup chnaged. I remember that
OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf was not the only issue I faced.


#9 Updated by corecode over 10 years ago

strange that this is still an issue. according to kde svn and their bugzilla
this should have been fixed since long.

so i guess this might be related, but not the same. maybe some pkgsrc specific

#10 Updated by elekktretterr over 10 years ago

I will recompile kdelibs3 and find out.


#11 Updated by wa1ter over 10 years ago

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Petr Janda wrote:

I just finished rebuilding kdelibs3 and I'm still seeing the same
old missing symbols problem. Nothing has changed.

Also available in: Atom PDF